With Dry January on the horizon, operators start to scramble to create an extensive mocktail menu suitable for customers taking part in the thirty-one days of sobriety
The campaign is the UK’s one-month booze-free challenge that helps millions reset their relationship with alcohol every year – a movement that has risen to new heights over the course of the pandemic when many consumers openly admit to an increase in alcohol consumption.
The health benefits of Dry January are widely discussed, with Alcohol Change UK reporting that participants save money, sleep better and lose weight during the 31-day period. As such, in 2019, in 282,000 people signed up to Dry January, and it is estimated that a staggering four million people attempt to have a Dry January without registering*.
With these figures in mind, it is imperative for operators to cater to the new wave of tee-totallers on the hunt for sophisticated, ‘grown-up’ mocktails throughout January. CRAFTED® juice drinks offer a spectacular standalone craft juice or can be transformed into a classy mocktail when used as a mixer. Comprising of five delicious, refreshing, flavours; Mango & Passion Fruit, Still Cloudy Lemonade, Blueberry & Blackberry, Apple, Mint & Lime and Pineapple, Coconut & Lime – there really is a CRAFTED® flavour for every palate.
Christopher Banks, Chief Executive of CRAFTED® Drinks, shares his mocktail must-haves for the month of January:
“Just because your customers are abstaining from alcohol for Dry January, doesn’t mean that they have to miss out on delicious drinks all month long! At Crafted, we’ve compiled a handful of easy tips on how to create a stand-out Dry January mocktail menu to keep your customers feeling merry with none of the booze:
- Ice is your best friend – pile up your glass with crushed ice to create a mocktail which looks as good as it tastes, without breaking the bank.
- Have fresh herbs, citrus zest, and spices on hand for an added punch of flavour. Citrus fruits, fresh berries and fragrant spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg are a few of our favourites.
- Use low-calorie/calorie-free mixers such as soda water or diet tonic water for added bulk without the added calories.
- Use fruit juices with no added sugar as a mixer to make your menu more appealing to health-conscious consumers (our range of juice drinks are the perfect choice!).
- Think outside of the box when it comes to garnishes – consumers are increasingly on the lookout for quirky, ‘instagrammable’ content to share with their friends. Swap out your lime wedges for something more adventurous in order to cater to your Millenial and Gen Z customers.
Ultimately, it’s all about creating a little pizzazz so that Dry January participants don’t feel left out whilst socialising with their alcohol-drinking counterparts.”
CRAFTED® Drinks contain absolutely no added sugar, sweeteners or preservatives. Instead, carefully selected fruits are blended with water, combining complementary and unique combinations of natural flavours to create a truly special craft beverage.
As an added bonus, one serving of CRAFTED® Drinks contribute towards your customers recommended five-a-day and they contain on average 40% less sugar than regular fruit juices alone. It goes without saying that all of our drinks are fully vegan compliant and are proudly certified by The Vegan Society.