With much of the industry looking tentatively to the next few weeks as the time when it can begin to reopen its doors, Hobart is unveiling a wide range of restart support measures across both service and equipment divisions, helping operators as they plot a return to profitability.
The manufacturer’s Business Support Unit, created as the coronavirus pandemic took hold, sees the planned restart as the next key phase of its existence, turning its attentions back to the foodservice industry as a whole after initially prioritising the needs of critical areas of the NHS, education, food supply chain and emergency services.
The wave of measures, jointly unveiled by David Riley, MD of Hobart Equipment Division and Keith Mackie, MD of Hobart Service, cover operators in every phase of the restart, from de-mothballing equipment, release of full spec sheets for each machine, substantial discounts on new equipment as well as an exclusive public sector 2019 price rollback.
- Restart guides for the manufacturers’ most popular equipment – easy to follow, non-technical guides to ensure the basics are covered before safely bringing equipment back to life.
- Release of a full “Asset Bank” of specification sheets to ensure end users have all the information they require. Hobart also boasts a UK wide team of factory trained technicians to provide service and maintenance across the industry.
- A 20% discount off fitted Hobart parts for new service customers, even those not wishing to enter into a contract.
- A new, online “Parts Price Check” facility enabling end user customers to check the manufacturer list price of parts
- A roll back from 2020’s annual price increase to 2019’s equipment prices for all public sector customers – 2019 prices to be held for the foreseeable future, despite fluid manufacturing costs.
- New lower pricing structures across Hobart’s entire range of combi ovens, especially pertinent considering the market has seen increases in price from other manufacturers.
- £500 cashback on a purchase of the manufacturer’s new Two-Level Washer – the innovative space, water and energy-saving machine, that can be used at half and full capacity, depending on covers and footfall.
- Advantageous 12 and 24-month interest-free payment plans. Because Hobart is the lender, not the broker, it is able to approve 99% of applications.
David Riley comments: “Now, more than ever, the industry we love to serve needs support in getting back to business; Hobart UK is doing everything it can to make this path as smooth as possible. It’s an unprecedented period – one which calls for unprecedented measures. The Government’s advice is that – with the successful suppression of the ‘R’ number – July is looking like the earliest date for restart. Whether it’s then or in the months that follow, these support measures will remain in place until they’re required as we try to help get the industry moving again.”
Keith Mackie adds: “Throughout the Covid-19 Crisis Hobart UK remained fully operational in terms of both equipment supply and providing service and maintenance which proved invaluable in ensuring kitchen operations could be maintained in critical areas. We are also very aware that while a few were able to pivot and offer delivery and takeaway, many end users of Hobart equipment had no choice but to close their doors during the worst of the crisis. Hobart UK will now be there to assist those customers in their efforts to restart.”
To find out more about the support measures, distributors and end users can visit www.hobartuk.com or call 0844 888 7777 today.