Independent Scottish brewery BrewDog continues its mission to take the craft beer revolution global with the launch of BrewDog Budapest. Located at the heart of Hungary’s capital near the eclectic Godzu, the bar is set to have the largest selection of craft beer in one location in the city.
- With a capacity for 290 people, the spacious BrewDog Budapest will satisfy local thirst with 25 draft lines and a deli fridge stocked with a wide range of bottled and canned international and Hungarian craft beers.
- The kitchen will serve BrewDog’s renowned burger and wings menu, while coffee will be provided by a local artisan roaster.
- BrewDog Budapest is the Aberdeenshire brewery’s 76th bar worldwide, and the 11th to launch this year.
- Yesterday marked the opening of the brewer’s third bar in its home of Aberdeenshire, where the brewery’s HQ is situated.
- In the last year, BrewDog has opened bars in Sweden, Iceland, South Korea, the UK and USA, where it has a state-of-the-art brewery in Columbus, Ohio.
- In celebration of the opening, the first 100 people through the bar’s doors from 18:00 pm today, will be entered into a raffle to win a year’s supply of craft beer, vouchers for food and drinks, or BrewDog merchandise.
- BrewDog Budapest follows last month’s unveiling of ‘The BrewDog Blueprint’; an ambitious business manifesto packed with more than 30 bold initiatives and innovations that reflect the brewery’s commitment to evolving its beers and business, as well as how it supports its global community and industry over the next 12 months and beyond.
- Plans include new beers, new bars and new ways of doing business, all generated in collaboration with the brewers’ 90,000-strong community of shareholders.
- In August, the brewery announced its half-year trading update, showing total revenue at £78 million, up by 55% versus the same time last year. Revenue of the brewery’s bar division was up by 92% and its UK retail sales had grown by 83%.
- BrewDog Budapest is located at Anker Köz 1-3, Budapest 1061, Hungary
- Krombacher beats a world record
- Old Mout is available on draught
- Heaters are an effective heating solution for all venues this winter
James Watt, BrewDog’s co-founder commented:
“Hungary has a rich and storied beer culture that continues today with a lively and passionate craft beer scene. A BrewDog bar in Budapest has been a long time coming and we could not be happier about the location. We’re looking forward to introducing locals and Budapest’s many international visitors to our flavour-packed brews and an amazing array of innovative beers from some awesome Hungarian craft breweries.”