Independent Scottish brewer, BrewDog, is expanding its network of UK bars with the launch of its first bar in the financial district of Canary Wharf. Nestled in the beating heart of the capital’s commercial epicentre at Unit 17, 2 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, E14 5RB, BrewDog Canary Wharf is the brewer’s tenth venue in London and 70th bar worldwide.
- In a nod to Canary Wharf’s position as London’s financial hub, tomorrow, BrewDog will launch ‘Hop Exchange’ a draft beer for which the price correlates with the movement of the FTSE 100.
- An electronic dot matrix affixed above the bar will relay the latest day’s trading results and the correlating price fluctuation.
- The Canary Wharf site will be the first to proudly accept Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), as well as join BrewDog Clerkenwell in becoming a cashless bar.
- BrewDog expects to expand cashless and cryptocurrency payments across its fleet of global bars in the near future.
- To celebrate the introduction of new, future-proofed currency acceptance, BrewDog will gift the first 100 people through the bar’s doors with a BitCoin Cash wallet pre-loaded with a cryptocurrency valuation of anything from £12 to £100 on its public opening at 12pm on Friday 19th October.
- In addition to this, any purchase of beer between Friday and Sunday 21st October will be entered into a raffle with a chance of winning a wallet containing Bitcoin Cash to the value of £500.
- Craft beer fans can claim their cryptocurrency by downloading the Centbee wallet app at https://www.centbee.com/.
- Boasting 20 draft lines, the Canary Wharf site will offer BrewDog favourites such as Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club and Elvis Juice alongside a comprehensive range of the world’s best craft beer
- A deli fridge stocked with a wide range of bottled beers and a LIVE beer tap will be available for craft beer fans to enjoy in the spacious 300 capacity bar.
- Alongside its renowned burger & wings menu, BrewDog Canary Wharf will be serving up delicious weekday breakfast & weekend brunch.
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, said:
“Our Canary Wharf bar further strengthens London’s claim to be the new craft beer capital of the world. The demand for better beer keeps growing every month and it reaches every community in the city. As more Londoners join the craft beer revolution, we’re more than happy to keep opening more bars and quenching their thirst with flavour-packed brews.
We’ve always prided ourselves on our desire to keep innovating. We’ve done it with beer, we’ve done it with our business model, and now we are championing a new way of paying for a pint. Our BrewDog Canary Wharf bar is the bellwether of a payment revolution.“