A new cookbook raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Society includes a chocolate recipe ideal for Christmas menus in pubs and bars – Buffalo Trace Bourbon Truffles.
Author Jenny Arnot has produced the charity cookbook, called ‘Unforgettable Recipes’, with contributions from leading food and drink industry businesses including Buffalo Trace distributor Hi-Spirits,
Buffalo Trace Bourbon Truffles are ideal for festive buffets or as a treat at the end of a meal, served with coffee or a measure of award-winning Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon.
The cookbook features 46 recipes, including cocktails such as Southern Comfort with Lemonade & Fresh Lime, Southern Comfort Black & Cola, and Buffalo Trace and Ginger.
Jenny hopes to raise more than £25,000 by asking for donations for a copy of the cookbook. She said, “Having lost my mum to dementia back in January 2017, I felt I wanted to do something to help others like my mum get support for such a cruel and life-changing illness.”
The recipe for Buffalo Trace Bourbon Chocolate Truffles is:
- 125 g finely chopped pecans
- 200ml Buffalo Trace
- 75g butter, softened
- 450g icing sugar
- 450g Dark chocolate, melted
- Soak the chopped pecans in Buffalo Trace for 4-8 hours.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy, stir in pecan mixture, and refrigerate.
- Once firm, shape into balls and refrigerate again for an hour.
- Dip into melted chocolate and cool.
To order a copy of ‘Unforgettable Recipes’, email email@example.com