UKHospitality launches manifesto for 2018 local elections
The recommendations include:
- Prioritising hospitality businesses for discretionary business rates relief
- Ruling out tourist taxes
- Prioritising partnership working over costly tax and legislation
- Engaging with hospitality businesses to enhance waste collection, increase recycling and reduce the burden on local businesses
- Applying the Agent of Change principle in planning decisions
- Encouraging LEAs to work with the sector to promote hospitality as a career of choice
UKHospitality Chief Executive Kate Nicholls said: “The key to the future success and health of the UK’s hospitality sector is a positive and proactive working relationship with local authorities.
“Councils around the UK are in a position to support their local hospitality venues and enhance their neighbourhoods by promoting fun and vibrant community businesses. Hospitality businesses are key to regenerating high streets and supporting valuable jobs, but too often businesses don’t seem to receive the support they deserve.
“Our manifesto for the local elections provides councils with simple and effective actions to ensure that hospitality businesses are in the best possible position to grow.”